Annie Golden, the Mute on 'Orange is the New Black,' Was a Hot 80's Punk Rocker
File under Mindhole Blowers, but get this: Annie Golden, who plays the (mostly) mute Norma Romano on Orange is the New Black, used to be the lead singer in a band called The Shirts, a “punk” rock outfit that headlined CGBG in the 1970s. In fact, she performed on a song — “Hang up the Phone” — that was on the Sixteen Candles soundtrack.
Here she is in the music video for it.
She’s recognizable (but only faintly) from Orange is the New Black, but — if you were curious about what she sounds like — she has a monster of a singing voice.
She was totally a feather-haired cutie back in the day, too.
FYI: If you haven’t gotten there yet, her backstory arrives in episode 7 of season three.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia