Day 21: 'Love Actually' Versus 'The Holiday'--What Flawed Fave Wins? - 25 Days of 'Love Actually'
Because the holidays aren’t about just one imperfect treasure. In addition to the multi-arced mess that will ultimately destroy me, we also have The Holiday.
Pick your Christmas poison. The Holiday, or Love Actually.
Now The Holiday is adorable and lovely, but I thought that last year about the other one and now I’m WOKE ACTUALLY. It’s not perfect.
For one thing…Cameron Diaz.
That trend in the early to mid-aughts where she had to sing and dance in every movie was not OK.
But everything else about it? PERFECT.
UGH. FUCK JASPER. She should have punched him. That’s what leading ladies do.
So make your pick: Love Actually or The Holiday. Or a third option that I don’t feel like including BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO MAKE YOUR OWN CHOICES, PEOPLE.
25 Days of Love Actually Archive:
Day 17 (there was no Day 17 because of snow reasons or something)
Day 18: Part 2
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia