'John Wick Chapter 3: Parabellum' Proves There's No Such Thing As Diminishing Returns (As Long As The Dog Survives)
It’s finally here — the first trailer for the upcoming sequel about the ageless killer and his special dog friend!
This time around, John Wick (Keanu Damn Reeves) has a hefty bounty on his head and very few friends left in his corner (he’s “excommunicado” after killing a killer on neutral ground, because he’s a rebel!). Even Anjelica Huston is like “nah, bro!” But Halle Berry seems willing to support him, and bring her German Shepherds along too. Which means I now have to worry about the survival of Wick’s very good boy and Berry’s as well. And also that horse John Wick rides! IT’S TOO MUCH!
Phew, OK. Setting aside the animals, what else is going on in this trailer?
— John Wick hucks a gun like a throwing axe
— a bunch of killers carry samurai swords while riding motorcycles, which seems exceptionally dangerous (even given their profession)
— I could watch Ian McShane and Lance Reddick stroll around town for hours. Spinoff?!
— Ballet? Sure, why not.
The only problem is that I didn’t see Jason Mantzoukas in the trailer. Oh, and the movie isn’t coming out until May 17, WHICH IS TOO LONG TO WAIT.
Header Image Source: Lionsgate
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me