The First Trailer For 'The Meg' Will Ensure That You Never Set Foot In The Ocean Again
You know exactly what you’re getting when you watch a Jason Statham film. There will be explosions. There will be punching. There will be a chase scene that defies the laws of gravity. They’re not high art, but damn it, you’ll have a great time.
However, ladies and gents, we may have the biggest twist on the formula to date. The first trailer just dropped for The Meg, in which Statham plays “expert deep-sea rescue diver Jonas Taylor” who joins a crew of oceanographers who discovered a massive prehistoric shark known as the Megalodon. No longer is Statham fighting generic baddies on motorcycles. Instead, he’s basically in Deep Blue Sea on steroids. Please, let the cheesy glory wash over you and feel true peace.
Yep, that’s the good stuff. Your mileage on quipping Rainn Wilson may vary, but this looks like the absolute best kind of bad movie.
So, who’s ready for a summer beach trip?
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia