Disney's New Posters for 'The Lion King' Are Just ... What Lions Look Like
Now that Aladdin has made a bunch of money, despite cutting out Jafar’s song, Disney would like to remind you that there are another two live-action remakes coming from the studio this year, including the heavily hyped The Lion King, and they are choosing to tell us this by … assuming we don’t know what lions look like?
That is the only way I can choose to understand these new Lion King character posters, released earlier today, which are as boring as can be. Here are some of the visuals of Simba, Nala, Mufasa, and Scar, if you forgot what a lion is:
Interestingly, the supporting cast options are a lot more colorful, and actually have some personality.
Who knows if the film will be more of the former or the latter, or if Disney will be treating this project like one of those nature documentaries they put out every Earth Day that no one sees? Anyway, here’s what I said about this whole thing earlier. It made Kristy laugh, one of my only goals in this world.
david attenborough has been out here showing us what lions look like for decades now, but go off disney, I guess https://t.co/eaWFO5OZQx— ≠ roxanna ≠ roxanne ≠ roxy (@roxana_hadadi) May 30, 2019
Seriously, though, Disney - get on Attenborough’s level.
Or at least inject this movie with some damn color! It shouldn’t be that hard! (But, who am I kidding? This movie is going to make $1 billion in like 12 hours and one day very soon Disney is going to own us all.)
Header Image Source: Walt Disney Studios
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me