'Birds of Prey' Sneak Peek Offers a Brief Glimpse of Harley Quinn and Her New Frenemies
Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) is the upcoming DC film that places Arkham’s most adorable psychotic psychiatrist in the centre of the action. DC and Warner Bros. have been smart enough to know that Margot Robbie’s performance is one of the things about the DCEU that unequivocally worked and deserves to be given room to flourish. With Robbie also producing and Cathy Yan directing, the film has been billed as a vibrant heist movie but little else is known. It is assumed that the story will follow Harley as she joins up with the most famous members of the Birds of Prey - Black Canary, Huntress and Renee Montoya - to save the young Cassandra Cain from the crime lord Black Mask.
A very brief sneak peek at the cast offers the shortest glimpses of Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Huntress, Jurnee Smollett-Bell as Black Canary, Rosie Perez as Renee, Ewan McGregor as Black Mask, Chris Messina and his new bleach blonde hair as Victor Zsasz, and of course, more Harley Quinn. Now she’s dressed in tinsel and ready for Coachella.
Robbie also offered a closer look at the new Harley outfit on Instagram. Yes, the dog tag says ‘Bruce’.
And nothing for Jared Leto’s Joker, bye.
Birds of Prey is set for a February 2020 release.
Header Image Source: Warner Bros.
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me