What Will the Future Remake?
Tonight’s comment diversion comes from Chugga, who wonders what movies from today do you expect Hollywood will remake in 10 to 20 years, excluding — of course — the many, many remakes they are churning out now, although I suspect many of those movies will be remade again in 2030 (what will Herbie: Fully Loaded look like in 2030, for instance?) Chugga suggested that The Matrix trilogy might be worthy of a remake — the first wouldn’t compare, but some inventive director might actually be able to improve upon the second two movies. It wouldn’t be that hard.
Personally, I’m guessing a Transformers reboot in about 2024, after Michael Bay shits out another two sequels before handing it over to Joel Schumacher to run into the ground, allowing the next generation’s empty-headed director to stab your eyes out with explosives.
Note: Answers may be considered for a future Guide or SRL. I dig this topic.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia