Egosurfing: Don't Try to Act All Innocent
I googled myself today. My real name, not my Pajibanym. Here is what I learned:
- This is me:
- The only actual photo of me on the internet is pretty good. From 1999, it was taken the day before a depressing personal milestone, so there’s that.
- Where I work and what I do there.
- I’m a Republican. Since I can’t vote, I’ve decided to find this amusing.
- Two people linked to that list I got on McSweeney’s that time.
- I really like book purses on Etsy.
- Apparently, I am the only person with my name on the planet.
- My copyright for that reality show I thought of.
I won’t pretend it’s the first time I have looked myself up, nor will I pretend that on slow days at work, I haven’t googled people I know/used to know.
Have you ever googled yourself? Have you ever googled someone you used to know and found out something interesting? Of course, you have. Do tell.