Do You Have Any Recurring Dreams?
I’ve always had recurring dreams. When I was younger, they were first about falling, then about flying. I guess that’s progress?
For the last five years or so I’ve dreamt about the apocalypse. There have been occasional extended breaks, and it’s not like it’s a nightly thing all the tiem, but otherwise to a remarkable degree of consistency Dream Knava loves him some apocalypse.
Or apocalypses I should say. Of all shapes and colours. The world or universe is always coming to an end, and I and many of my friends play a part in the story of that ending. Sometimes it’s a zombie thing, sometimes a space adventure against some sort of existential threat. I’ve had Lord Of The Rings-style apocalypses, and steampunk armageddons too. Sometimes we’re fighting to stop it, sometimes just to survive.
Whatever form the scenario takes, two things are always true:
1) It’s fun. Yes, there’s peril, but most of the time it’s in a mild, adventure-movie-style sorta way. There are stakes, obviously, it’s the end of the world after all, but that doesn’t mean we can’t have a good time with it.
2) The same friend always ends up dead. I mean, a lot of people die, many that I know, some quite graphically—still in a fun way though obviously—but this one dude always ends up dead. I’m not gonna name names but, damn, [redacted], you must’ve done something special to become my dream Kenny-from-South Park.
Which brings us to Momoa up there in the header pic.
Last night I had a very vivid and long apocalypse dream. The world was facigng White Walker-style threat (in fact I think the Night King himself showed up. And it was the new nerd one, not the older, Lord Castleton-approved one), and it was in an Assassin’s Creed 2-style Renaissance Italy setting.
Except sometimes bits were modern?
I dunno, dreams innit? Don’t make much sense.
Anyway I was part of a team of superheroes that lived in that world, and that saw the threat coming, and that had to work together to save it. Some in our team were recognisable as certain existing superheroes, or variations on them. Like there was a Batman type; a Wonder Woman type; all of that stuff.
My superhero character was Jason Momoa.
Not Aquaman. Just Jason Momoa.
It was still me, but I was also Jason Momoa.
I was also late to the party, so I arrived after the White Walkers had already killed and turned a good percentage of the general populace, and even some of my team. In addition to that, I didn’t know how to use my Jason Momoa powers for ages, so I had to go into hiding first. Sectors of the city fell to the threat, while resistance held out in others, and I gradually came to understand and master my powers. My Jason Momoa powers. Which were what exactly, you ask?
Anyway many people died (yes, including you, [redacted]), much was destroyed, and good apocalypse adventuring was had. Fun!
So, I’m curious:
Pajibans, do you have any recurring dreams?
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia