Bonfire of the Vanities
Tonight’s diversion, completely unrelated to movies, books, TV, or music, comes from Ling. It concerns all of you, so pay attention. Ling writes:
We all trade in a sort of transcendent intellectualism that would seem to preclude any concern with popular image expectation, yet - and I’ve done my research - nearly everyone has at least one vanity. The Pajibans can’t be different. Let’s have a Bonfire of the Vanities!
I submit for incineration a hair obsession. It’s curly. Ever stretched a phone cord and had all the loops get messed up? I could gladly spend an hour fixing those loops, as well as spraying, teasing, straightening, braiding, twisting, and pinning, depending on my mood. I’ll leave the house with no makeup, dirty sweats, and a bouffant. It’s getting ridiculous.
So, the question is posed to the rest of you: What’s your major vanity?
As for me, I feel pretty good about … well … the … my … hurm. I’m really symmetrical. Does that count?
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia