Watch Beyoncé Serenade Diana Ross at Her 75th Birthday Jam
Diana Ross’ birthday party was like a meeting of the Greek gods on Mount Olympus, everyone was there. Of course, her daughter, Tracee Ellis Ross, played master of ceremony for the ’70s-themed event. P. Diddy wore an elaborate suit, Khloe Kardashian appropriated a classic Ross look, and even Bette Midler came to bow a knee to the diva on her 75th.
But the party took a turn from iconic to legendary when Ms. Beyoncé Carter Knowles took the floor to lead the crowd in a happy birthday serenade. In a mix of the husky-voiced Marilyn Monroe presidential version of the tune and the Black American put-some-stank-on-it style, Beyoncé easily won over the audience.
Beyonce sangin Happy Birthday to Ms. Diana Ross! Look how excited she is! 🎂😍— UPROXX (@UPROXX) March 27, 2019
(📹 via BeyLegion) pic.twitter.com/LOeYQj7fOd
The night ended at the Hollywood Palladium. There, surrounded by friends, family, and fans, Ms. Ross (as Beyoncé refers to her) belted her most popular tunes. A new gold standard of 75th celebrations has been set.
Header Image Source: Getty Images
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me