Yes. Jon Stewart. Hell Yes.
On one point, we will not bend. We will not negotiate. “We will prevail.”
Take it from here, Jon Stewart:
What Lincoln said in his Cooper Union speech was to point out the one thing Southern slaveholders really wanted from the free states. ‘This, and only this: Cease to call slavery wrong, and join them in calling it right.’
It was on this point that Lincoln said the Union could not bend. And what Donald Trump wants is for us to stop calling his cruelty and fear and divisiveness wrong and join him in calling it right. This we cannot do.
And by not yielding, we will prevail.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia