Harrison Ford, curmudgeon extraordinaire, took a break from his campaign of yelling at kids to get off his lawn to answer some questions on Reddit. Here are his best answers, in order of most f*cks given to least.
12. How did you feel about Star Wars when you first started? How were you approached?
I was approached with the offer of a job, which at that point, was all I wanted to hear. I had helped George Lucas audition other actors for the principle parts, and with no expectation or indication that I might be considered for the part of Han, I was quite surprised when I was offered the part. My principle job at the time was carpentry, I had been under contract as an actor at Columbia and Universal. I had a house at the time I wanted to remodel, a bit of the wreck of a house. I’d invest money in tools but wouldn’t have money for materials, so I realized this was another way of putting food on the table. And allowing me to pick and choose from the acting jobs that were being offered at the time.
11. Did you keep any props from any of your movies, if so which ones are your favorite?
No, I don’t keep any, I’m not terribly nostalgic and I don’t have a lot of things from my movies. And certainly don’t have a lot of them around my house. Those are separate worlds for me.
10. Who did you prefer portraying, Han or Indiana?
I think Indiana Jones was a lot of fun to do because of the places we went to and the adventures and the action. But Han Solo was also a huge part of my life.
9. What movie quote do you get asked to do the most?
“Get off my plane.”
8. I live in your old house on Woodrow. Are there any secrets I should know about?
Yes. There’s millions of dollars buried in your basement.
I think that it’s a wonderful storytelling mechanism for that question to be left unanswered. I love that people are still curious about it.
We have presently 2 dogs, numerous fish, and those are our pets. I haven’t owned a cat for many years. I like individual cats, though, yes. Cats are fine.[I think it’s important to note that Ford like “individual” cats. Not cats in general or in groups. F*ck those cats.]
5. Who would win in a celebrity boxing match: Han Solo or Indiana Jones?
The promoter would win.
4. If you and Mark Hamill fought who would win?
Me, of course.
3. What was it like being a part of two of the most iconic film series?
What was it like? It was like being incredibly lucky.
2. Are you still mad at Lando?
1. Who shot first? Han Solo or Greedo?
I don’t know and I don’t care.
Bonus mega awesome reponse. Ford made some Redditor’s entire life with this one.
I love you.