All The Reasons The Latest Johnny Depp Casting News Is Ridiculous
Johnny Depp will play The Invisible Man, which seems more like a Saturday Night Live sketch than a thing that makes sense in real life. Let’s break down why, shall we?
2. There’s no writer or director yet, but Universal has got this master thespian pinned down.
3. Also on board is producer Alex Kurtzman, who memorably wrote Mission: Impossible III, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Star Trek Into Darkness, and Cowboys and Aliens. Take that as you will.
4. Following a Tom Cruise-fronted The Mummy, this will be the second movie in Universal’s dedicated attempt to reboot their classic monsters line, which included Dracula, Frankenstein, The Invisible Man, and The Wolf Man. Here’s just a few movies that attempted to resuscitate these classic characters over the years and failed hard.
Columbia Pictures’ Hollow Man ($90 million budget, $73 million domestic)
Universal’s Dracula Untold ($70 million budget, $56 million domestic)
Fox’s Victor Frankenstein (Unknown budget, $5 million domestic)
Kristy Puchko once loved Johnny Depp. But that was a time before her job required her to witness Dark Shadows, The Lone Ranger, Transcendence, Tusk, Into The Woods and Black Mass. She was spared Mortdecai because sometimes the assignment gods are kind.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia