20 Famous Movie Lines Which Are Required By Law To Be Written in ALL CAPS
We are immense fans of a good scenery chewing here, especially when it’s a good actor who sees ALL CAPS in the screenplay and just gasket-blows through the line like a bat shot out of Meatloaf’s ass. If you’re going to go over the top, GO. OVER. THE. TOP. Deliver that line like you’re trying to yell out a molar anchored into the back of your throat. A great actor can not only take a huge munch out the scenery and win an Oscar for it, he or she can can create an iconic ALL CAPS line (note: as this lists attests, some of the best ALL CAPS lines can also come from the worst actors).
Let’s take a look at the best ALL CAP movie lines in the history of film.
20. Tommy Wiseau in The Room: YOU’RE TEARING ME APART, LISA
19. Al Pacino in Dog Day Afternoon: ATTICA!
18. Eddie Redmayne in Jupiter Ascending: I CREATE LIFE!
17. Tom Hiddleston in Thor: TELLLL MEEEE!!!
16. Gene Wilder in Willy Wonka: YOU GET NOTHING. YOU LOSE. GOOD DAY SIR!
15. Matthew Helms in Cabin Fever: PANCAKES. PANCAKES! PANCAKES!!
14. Jeff Bridges in Iron Man: TONY STARK WAS ABLE TO BUILD THIS IN A CAVE. WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS!!!
13. Peter Sellers in Dr. Strangelove: MEIN FUHRER I CAN WALK!!!
12. Eli Roth in Inglorious Basterds: TEDDY FUCKING WILLIAMS HITS IT OUT OF THE PARK!!!
11. Cate Blanchett in Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring: ALL SHALL LOVE ME AND DESPAIR!!!
10. Willem Dafoe in Boondock Saints: THERE WAS A FIRE FIIIIIGHT!!!
9. Terence Stamp in Superman II: KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!!!
8. Marlon Brando in A Streetcar Named Desire: STELLAAAAAA!!!
7. Darth Vadar in Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and Mark Hamill in Empire Strikes Back: NOOOOOOOO!!!
6. Daniel Day Lewis in There Will Be Blood: I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE. I DRINK IT UP!!!
5. William Shatner in Star Trek 2: KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!
4. Charlton Heston in Planet of the Apes: GODDAMN YOU. GODDAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!!
3. Mel Gibson in Braveheart: FREEEEDOOOOOMMMMMM!!!
2. Faye Dunaway in Mommie Dearest: NOOOO WIIIIIRE HAAAAANGERS!!!
1. Nic Cage in Wicker Man: NOT THE BEES. NO. NOT THE BEES!!!