The Pajiba Power Rankings
It was mostly reruns this week, as most of the shows launch or return this week (though, you’ll have to wait until the 20th for NBC’s Thursday night line-up with “Parks and Recreation” to return). It was otherwise a lot of football on television this week, and if you’re like me — a Indianapolis Colts and an Arkansas Razorbacks fan — it was an amazingly awesome sports week. Adam Vinatieri kicked a field goal with 53 seconds left to beat the Jets (I was celebrating so much I missed the last 53 seconds, but I’m sure with less than a minute left, the Jets sputtered on their own 30 yard line) and the Razorbacks won the Sugar Bowl after an amazing blocked punt with around a minute to go. I was so stoked about the blocked punt I actually blacked out and missed what I’m sure was a Ryan Mallet TD to take the lead. Go Hogs!
Here were the five best episodes of television this week, and by that, I mean five of the six episodes I watched this week (sorry, “Parenthood,” you were great, but there’s only five slots).
Remember, as always, that the Power Rankings go from Sunday to Saturday, so last night’s episodes of a few new shows on NBC and Showtime will vie for Power Ranking attention next week (and reviews are forthcoming).
5. Modern Family: How awesome is James Marsden? He was living in the playhouse! Also, Jami Gertz Alert! Plus, a nice little nod to Pajiba’s grammar geeks from Mitchell: “”I think you mean you couldn’t care less because if you could care less it means that you care a little bit.”
4. Cougar Town: I think I’m in a safe space, right? OK. Then I’m going to admit this. I like “Cougar Town” slightly better than “Modern Family.” (*flinch* pleasedon’thitme). It’s “Scrubs” with alcohol. In fact, I should do a graph chart of some sort to associate each “Cougar Town” character with each “Scrubs” character. For instance, Tom the Neighbor = Ted the Lawyer.
3. Friday Night Lights: Goddamn this show. Why do they make it so fucking stressful? They build up these characters, and then they break them down until I can’t fucking take it anymore.
And then Matty Saracen shows up.
2. Top Chef: Assholes. Casey was my all-time favorite Top Chef contestant. Sure, maybe her chicken feet tasted like ass. I mean, they are chicken feet. But 1) Jamie is a pitiful excuse for a contestant, and she’s only around because the network needs her drama, and 2) Antonia clearly fucked up Casey’s dish. And Casey, being the nice person she is, didn’t throw her under the bus like she should’ve because Casey is a wonderful human being (yes, also, very hot).
1. How I Met Your Mother: Number four on the weepiest TV episodes of all time, this episode absolutely knocked me on my ass. Obliterated me. I have never been so happy to be watching a television show by myself, saving from the embarrassment of having to seek comfort from my toddler son.
Each Time You Like, Share, Tweet or Stumble a Pajiba Post, An Angel Does the Paul Rudd Dance
blog comments powered by Disqus