X-Men: First Class Trailer: I Halted That Illusion, I'm Not Your Average Guy
... Well, it fucking works.
There's a hell of a lot to process in there. Here's what I noticed at first glance:
- I'm thrilled with the Cold War/Cuban Missle Crisis setting.
- Looks like Beast (Nicholas Hoult) starts out human, and eventually turns, well, Beastly.
- Fassbender is chilling in his delivery of that last line.
- I like that they're re-using the sets for the mansion from the prior films.
- Prototype Cerebro!
- Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique -- again, maintaining the same idea as the earlier films in terms of appearance. This is a good idea.
- Emma Frost turning into diamond form, similar to the (horribly misused) version in Wolverine.
- That final shot is the mother of all money shots.
There's a lot more in there. And a lot more that they didn't show -- Kevin Bacon as Sebastian Shaw, Banshee, Darwin, AzazeI. I have to say that while it's early, while it's only 90 seconds of footage, while there's much left to be seen... despite all of that, I'll admit it -- based on the trailer and the trailer only? I'm fucking sold.