X-Men: First Class Trailer: I Halted That Illusion, I'm Not Your Average Guy
Well, fuck. We've been knocking this one around for ages, and finally we have the first trailer for X-Men: First Class, directed by Matthew Vaughn (Stardust). Skepticism has abounded -- to0 many characters, etc., etc. And the trailer...
... Well, it fucking works.
There's a hell of a lot to process in there. Here's what I noticed at first glance:
- I'm thrilled with the Cold War/Cuban Missle Crisis setting.
- Looks like Beast (Nicholas Hoult) starts out human, and eventually turns, well, Beastly.
- Fassbender is chilling in his delivery of that last line.
- I like that they're re-using the sets for the mansion from the prior films.
- Prototype Cerebro!
- Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique -- again, maintaining the same idea as the earlier films in terms of appearance. This is a good idea.
- Emma Frost turning into diamond form, similar to the (horribly misused) version in Wolverine.
- That final shot is the mother of all money shots.
There's a lot more in there. And a lot more that they didn't show -- Kevin Bacon as Sebastian Shaw, Banshee, Darwin, AzazeI. I have to say that while it's early, while it's only 90 seconds of footage, while there's much left to be seen... despite all of that, I'll admit it -- based on the trailer and the trailer only? I'm fucking sold.
Are you following Pajiba on Facebook or Twitter? Because every time you do an angel does the Paul Rudd dance
Around the Web