film / tv / streaming / politics / web / celeb/ industry / video / love / lists / think pieces / misc / about / cbr
film / tv / politics / web / celeb























natalie_portman_the_ot.jpg

Dead Baby Movies Aren't Nearly as Funny as Dead Baby Jokes (Note: Dead Baby Jokes Aren't Funny, Either)

By Dustin Rowles | Trailers | December 28, 2010 |

By Dustin Rowles | Trailers | December 28, 2010 |


I hate dead baby movies the way some people hate dead family pet movies. Why you gotta go there, huh? It basically eliminates 82 percent of all parents from your audience (the other 18 percent hate their children). Natalie Portman's The Other Woman is a dead baby movie, adapted by Don Roos (The Opposite of Sex) from Ayelet Waldman's novel Love and Other Impossible Pursuits.

Natalie Portman stars here as "The Other Woman," and because Don Roos directed, Lisa Kudrow is in it. She plays "The Woman." Actually, the whole thing looks like Step-Mom, if you swapped the ex-wife with cancer for a dead infant. That's not a trade I want to make.

The Other Woman arrives on Video on Demand in mid-January. Looks decent, if you like excruciating agony.



Dustin is the founder and co-owner of Pajiba. You may email him here or follow him on Twitter.


The 10 Biggest Stars of All Time, Ever* | "Doctor Who" Series Six Trailer | "I wear a Stetson now"











The Pajiba Store


petr-store-pajiba.png





Privacy Policy
advertise