Resident Evil: Retribution Trailer: Paul W.S. Anderson Misses The Point Yet Again, But Hey! Milla's Ass!
It'll also make a splagillion dollars.
So, a few quick thoughts:
1. Holy product placement, Batman. Just call the fucking thing Sony Presents Resident Evil and get it over with.
2. Were those... dragons I saw in the opening?
3. Apparently there are going to be some sort of flashback scenes to back when the outbreak started, except that doesn't make any sense if you've seen the (actually quite decent) original film.
4. Didn't Michelle Rodriguez die in the first one?
5. What Anderson has never really gotten (except in the first one) is that the Resident Evil universe was never supposed to be quite so action oriented. It started as survival horror, and got a little more action-y as the games progressed, but the horror aspect of it is now completely absent. It's a little disheartening, and it's clearly evident in the trailer that the franchise is about little more than effects and explosions these days. You want to see the best trailer this series ever had to offer? It was this one, for the (admittedly terrible) second film:
As for the creepiest trailer from the game franchise? Well, it's hard to beat this one (not particularly SFW, just a heads up):
Anyway, enjoy the explosions.