The Universe is Literally Trying to Kill "Fringe's" Final Season: John Noble Hospitalized
Over the last month, the universe has repeatedly tried to eliminate the cast of "Fringe," from "multiple illnesses in the cast" to Jasika Nicole getting in a minor car accident. Now John Noble has been hospitalized and filming has been completely stopped for two weeks as he is treated with a sleep disorder.
This is what happens when the Emmys repeatedly snub people giving brilliant performances in favor of tossing another pile of nominations to the usual suspects from procedurals. It was bad enough when they drove Sarah Michelle Gellar into the arms of Scooby Doo movies, but I think that they are trying to literally kill John Noble.
Well, that news got summarized in way less space than a proper morning trade news post, so in lieu of the usual words about hoping he gets better, hearts with him, that feel as forced and awkward as dancing with your cousin at a middle school dance (no matter how genuine the sentiment), let's launch into full scale post padding:
Most likely Fringe events that would explain Walter's sleep disorder:
10. Gene is psychically taking over Walter's subconscious while he sleeps.
9. Walter has an alter ego opening up mad scientist fight clubs.
8. Leonard Nimoy took a few more brain slices during the off season.
7. Walter has been replaced by a shape shifter and he's explaining the memory lapses by citing a sleep disorder.
6. Astrid is spiking the cherry milk shakes with speed.
5. The observers give off radiation when they pop in and out: brain tumor.
4. Brain parasite acquired from eating twizzlers while dissecting mutants.
3. It turns out mixing your own LSD for four seasons actually does have side effects.
2. He's being poisoned by Walternate in order to think he's insane(r).
1. Soul magnets.