The Only 5 Moments You Need to Know From the 2013 MTV Movie Awards
Let's be honest. You don't really need to know these moments, either.
5. In introducing the Best Shirtless scene (which went to Taylor Lautner), Danny McBride and Seth Rogen pulled off a meek bottomless gag with an assist from Zac Efron.
4. The Pitch Perfect reunion was intentionally off-key, and the humor was flat, too. Also, a Pitch Perfect reunion without Anna Kendrick is POINTLESS.
3. Emma Watson won the Trailblazer award, the award given to the actor or actress who will bring MTV the biggest audience. She was nevertheless adorably flustered.
Jonah Hill sent a pretaped message to Watson, announcing that they'd been cast in 50 Shades of Grey together.
2. When Will Ferrel accepted the Comedy Genius Award, Aubrey Plaza pulled an awkward Kanye, walked up on stage, and attempted to grab the award away from Ferrell. The unplanned act was presumably meant to promote her August movie, The To-Do-List, but it faltered. Plaza was escorted from the Sony lot afterwards.
1. The big story of the night was that Jennifer Lawrence was a no show, despite the fact that much of the show had been built around her and around Hunger Games 2 promotion. Lawrence was the big winner of the night, and she was also meant to do a few segments, including one with host Rebel Wilson, in which they played sisters.
There were also winners.
Movie of the Year -- The Avengers
Best Female Performance -- Jennifer Lawrence, Silver Linings Playbook
Best Male Performance
Bradley Cooper, Silver Linings Playbook
Breakthrough Performance -- Rebel Wilson, Pitch Perfect
Best Shirtless Performance -- Taylor Lautner, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn
Best Fight -- Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson and Jeremy Renner vs. Tom Hiddleston, The Avengers
Best Kiss -- Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper, Silver Linings Playbook
Best WTF Moment -- Jamie Foxx and Samuel L. Jackson, "Candieland Gets Smoked" in Django Unchained
Best Villain -- Tom Hiddleston, The Avengers
Best Musical Moment -- Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson, Anna Camp, Brittany Snow, Alexis Knapp, Ester Dean and Hana Mae Lee, Pitch Perfect
Best Hero -- Martin Freeman, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
The Trailblazer Award -- Emma Watson
The Generation Award -- Jamie Foxx
The Comedic Genius Award -- Will Ferrell
Pajiba Love Express
Here's some Daveed Diggs for you. On Daveed Diggs' digs, actually. That man does things with clothes that should not make sense, but are absolutely perfect. (Go Fug Yourself)
Woody Allen has "so moved on" from his daughter's accusations and says he never even thinks about it. He equates her words about him to a bad review he won't read and comments on how wacky it is that Mia Farrow is his mother-in-law. He is the worst. (Celebitchy)
Not The Worst but still very gross: Leonardo DiCaprio and his
Here are 5 under-the-radar shows. I had never even heard of the first two. (Uproxx)