The 9 Most Passive Aggressive and/or Sh*tty Chevy Chase Answers from this Weekend's HuffPo Interview
Here are the 9 most passive aggressive and or shitty Chevy Chase answers from that interview.
1. "I have to say that one of the things that bothers me about our show is that it is placed in that study room all the time, with the same light, the same colour -- that's not interesting to see a lot. It's just joke after joke after joke around that table. It's hard to shoot it all the time in the same way, the same thing."
2. [On why he decided to do a TV show] "It was a big mistake! I saw this pilot script, thought that it was funny, and I went into the room where they were casting and said, "I would love to play this guy." Then they mulled it over. Then they hired me and I just sort of hung around because I have three daughters and a wife, and I figured out I might as well make some bread, every week, so I can take care of them in the way they want."
3. [On whether he enjoys watching television] "The hours are hideous, and it's still a sitcom on television, which is probably the lowest form of television. "
4. "I would love to do a movie with Albert Brooks; we're so different but I find him so funny, and I can be just as seemingly narcissistic as he comes off, the 'it's all about me' kind of thing."
5. [On what he thinks of "Saturday Night Live" now] "Now? I don't watch it all that much."
6. [On the writing on "Community"] "I don't know much about how I would change the situation comedy world, but it is exactly what it says: it's situation comedy, and the situation can get old, and sometimes the ones that are at the very top, which just have three people in them, The Big Bang Theory or whatever it is - it's three people, that's basically what the premise is, and we can do that day and night. None of that really interests me. "
7. "I turned down Forrest Gump, I turned down American Gigolo, there are many films -- like Ghostbusters -- that I turned down... the first one I did was Foul Play with Goldie Hawn, but I turned down Animal House -- I turned that down. So all those I regret only because they made huge amounts of money and I would be very wealthy."
8. [On the Vacation movies] " I don't think those were particularly great achievements in cinema, but they were what they were, and I had great fun."
9. [On Dan Aykroyd] "Some of his beliefs are just nuts ... Oh, he's majored in UFOs and ghosts and all kinds of stuff. On the other hand, when you get to know Dan, you know why."
To be fair, he did have nice things to say about Donald Glover: "Donald likes to improvise. He's very funny when he does. The issue with a show that's 23, 24 minutes long is that you can't really get up and out of your light and start improvising, but words-wise you can, as long as you don't do it for too long, because then you're screwed later in editing, and putting it together. There are areas you can. Donald is very good, for instance, in taking something and in the same amount of time, making it funnier with his words. "