The 10 Most Pirated TV Shows of 2012
Here's more evidence to suggest that the cable industry needs to fix its sh*t, i.e., offer the ability to subscribe to their channels, a la carte, and online. I'm not saying that, if viewers had the ability to pay to see "Game of Thrones" without spending $100 to subscribe to cable, all of the illegal pirating of their shows would disappear, but I am saying that -- if that were an option -- there wouldn't be as many downloads of "Game of Thrones" as there are viewers, or MORE downloads of "Dexter" than there are television viewers.
Of course, the fact that "The Big Bang Theory," "How I Met Your Mother," "Fringe," and "Revolution," are being downloaded with such frequency despite the fact that they are available online for free (as long as you watch the commercials) may suggest that it simply doesn't matter. Even when offered a free, ethical means with which to watch television, downloaders will choose the more convenient, illegal option.
Here are the 10 Most Pirates TV Shows of 2012.
1. Game of Thrones: 4.2 million downloads; 4.2 million viewers
2. Dexter: 3.85 million downloads; 2.75 million viewers
3. The Big Bang Theory: 3.2 million downloads; 15.2 million viewers
4. How I Met Your Mother: 2.96 million downloads; 10.1 million viewres
5. Breaking Bad: 2.45 million downloads; 2.9 million downloads
6. The Walking Dead: 2.5 million downloads; 10.8 million viewers
7. Homeland: 2.4 million downloads; 2.36 million viewers
8. House 2.3 million downloads; 9.79 million viewers
9. Fringe: 2.28 million downloads; 3.12 million viewers
10. Revolution: 2.13 million viewers; 11.65 million viewers
Are you following Pajiba on Facebook or Twitter? Because every time you do an angel does the Paul Rudd dance
Around the Web