Oh, White People Of America, Brace Yourself For The Vanilla-Swellness Of The 'Inside Llewyn Davis' Soundtrack
One of the most popular movie soundtracks of all-time is the Appalachian-drenched splendor that is O, Brother Where Art Thou?. I own it, you own it, your mom owns it. It’s fantastic. So it’s hardly surprising that the soundtrack for the Coen Brothers’ latest film Inside Llewyn Davis, a music-centric tale of the 60s American folk scene, would once again be produced by the amazing T-Bone Burnett. He’s joined in producing duties by that paragon of violent vanilla strumming, Marcus Mumford. Me? I adore Mumford & Sons and I’ve already pre-orded my copy of this soundtrack. Then again, I’m practically see-through.
What do you think of this first track “Fare Thee Well?” It’s a collaboration between Mumford and the film’s star Oscar Isaac. You can check out the entire track listing below. Oh yes, there’s a lot of Timberlake too. Deal with it.
Inside Llewyn Davis Official Soundtrack Track Listing:
1. Hang Me, Oh Hang Me - By Oscar Isaac
2. Fare Thee Well (Dink’s Song) - By Marcus Mumford and Oscar Isaac
3. The Last Thing on My Mind - By Stark Sands With Punch Brothers
4. Five Hundred Miles - By Justin Timberlake, Carey Mulligan and Stark Sands
5. Please Mr. Kennedy - By Justin Timberlake, Oscar Isaac and Adam Driver
6. Green, Green Rocky Road - By Oscar Isaac
7. The Death of Queen Jane - By Oscar Isaac
8. The Roving Gambler (With The Down Hill Strugglers) - By John Cohen
9. The Shoals of Herring (With Punch Brothers) - By Oscar Isaac
10. The Auld Triangle - By Chris Thile, Chris Eldridge, Marcus Mumford, Justin Timberlake and Gabe Witcher
11. The Storms Are on the Ocean - By Nancy Blake
12. Fare Thee Well (Dink’s Song) - By Oscar Isaac
13. Farewell (unreleased studio version) - By Bob Dylan
14. Green, Green Rocky Road - By Dave Van Ronk
Get entertainment, celebrity and politics updates via Facebook or Twitter. Buy Pajiba merch at the Pajiba Store.