I Sh*t You Not, Quentin Tarantino Put 'The Lone Ranger' On His "Best Movies Of 2013" List
Every so often, Quentin Tarantino releases a list of his top ten favorite films of the year. And in the wake of the amazing Gravity, it’s no wonder that he and many other film fans are trying to figure out exactly where Cuarón’s masterpiece fits in the year’s offering. But as I was discussing with someone just last night it’s too damn soon to know for certain. You guys, you haven’t even seen Bad Grandpa yet, how can you possibly make a determination about the best of 2013?
In all fairness, Tarantino has given this list a “so far” caveat and he’s ranked it alphabetically rather than in order of most beloved. Otherwise Gravity would be higher, RIGHT QUENTIN? There are some great choices on here. But there’s also The Lone Ranger on here. I am agog.
1. Afternoon Delight (Jill Soloway)
2. Before Midnight (Richard Linklater)
3. Blue Jasmine (Woody Allen)
4. The Conjuring (James Wan)
5. Drinking Buddies (Joe Swanberg)
6. Frances Ha (Noah Baumbach)
7. Gravity (Alfonso Cuarón)
8. Kick Ass 2 (Jeff Wadlow)
9. The Lone Ranger (Gore Verbinski) (Is it because this bit reminds him of Grindhouse? Maybe? WHYYYYYYY?!?!)
10. This Is The End (Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg)
Get entertainment, celebrity and politics updates via Facebook or Twitter. Buy Pajiba merch at the Pajiba Store.