Here's Forbes Annual List of Movie Stars That Suck At Their Job
Forbes, as they to do every year, put out their list of the Most Overpaid Actors in Hollywood, which is to say: Movie stars with the worst return on investment. For instance, the number one person on the list, Eddie Murphy (a regular member of this list, even in years like 2012 in which he had only one release) earns $1 for every $2.30 his movie makes, which must mean that he earned something like $8 million for his work on A Thousand Words (a movie with a $40 million budget that only made $18 million). Conversely, in 2010, a guy like Shia LaBeouf -- who was paid relatively little to appear in huge blockbusters like Indiana Jones and Transformers made $1 for every $81 that his movies made.
Anyway, these are 2012's Most Overpaid actors.
1. Eddie Murphy ($2.30 for every $1 paid)
2. Katherine Heigl ($3.40 for every $1 paid)
3. Reese Witherspoon ($3.90 for every $1 paid)
4. Sandra Bullock ($5 for every $1 paid)
5. Jack Black ($5.20 for every $1 paid)
6. Nicolas Cage ($6 for every $1 paid)
7. Adam Sandler ($6.30 for every $1 paid)
8. Denzel Washington ($6.30 for every $1 paid)
9. Ben Stiller ($6.50 for every $1 paid)
10. Sarah Jessica Parker ($7 for every $1 paid)
Around the Web
Like Our Facebook Page And an Angel Does the Paul Rudd Dance
blog comments powered by Disqus