First Pics from Ron Moore's 'Helix'
Ok fine, that picture above isn’t from the series, but I feel a burning need to post pictures of Ron Moore every time news featuring him comes down the pipeline. I mean, just look at that hair! He’s a walking Mane n’ Tail commercial in an industry and genre full of balding guys. Every time a gust of wind teases Ron Moore’s hair into a billow, Jean-Luc Picard sobs softly into his Earl Grey (Hot).
Oh, there’s a television series too. Helix is set up in the arctic at a research facility to which the CDC has been dispatched in order to see whether we’re all going to die or not. The premise of the show hinges on the fact that their verdict is: MAYBE.
Apparently it involves black oil that infects hosts, does weird things to them, and then kills them … and I just realized that I saw this X-Files episode already. I guess we’re reimagining it now.
Here are some pictures of the series, which either you can’t see at all, or the word “exclusive” doesn’t mean what THR thinks it means in the age of the Internet. Plus, I helpfully captioned each image:
1. “Ok, who wants to drop acid?”:
2. “I really should have gone to law school instead of medical school”:
3. “I’m not even supposed to be here today”:
4. “I get my SAG card if I don’t tell anyone what you’re doing off-camera in this shot, right?”
5. “Wait, we have to wear these things for all 13 episodes? What is that box of catheters for?”
Helix premiers in 2014 on SyFy.