Yesterday's Children Of Tomorrow Are Here Today
Finally, we get a look at the cast of Matthew Vaughn's origin tale, X-Men: First Class and it's... well... it's OK. Not really much to rally around, but then again, it's just a promo shot, not in high resolution, and without seeing anyone in action, there isn't much ado to be made of it. Take a look:
Doesn't exactly pull my zipper down, but it at least feels a little less clunky than the Captain America stills we showed a couple of days ago. For those non-nerds,
go fuck yourselves here's a list of who's who, from left to right:
- Michael Fassbender as Erik Lensherr, aka Magneto, master of magnetism
- Rose Byrne as Moira MacTaggert, the non-mutant genetic scientist and love interest of Charles Xavier
- January Jones as Emma Frost, aka The White Queen of the Hellfire Club, appropriately dressed
- Jason Flemyng as Azazel, one of the demonic Neyaphem mutants and supposed father of Nightcrawler
- Nicholas Hoult as Henry "Hank" McCoy, aka Beast
- Lucas Till as Alex Summers, aka Havok. Younger brother of Cyclops (not shown)
- Zoe Kravitz (daughter of Lenny) as Angel Salvadore, a mutant who for some reason has had a bunch of different power manifestations, including wings, the ability to spit acid, insect-like traits, and most recently, the ability to shoot fire and ice from her right and left hands, respectively
- Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique
- James McAvoy as Charles Xavier, aka Professor X.
What's curious is how many mutants that will be in the film that aren't shown, including Sebastian Shaw (Kevin Bacon), Banshee (Caleb Landry Jones), Armando Muñoz / Darwin (Edi Gathegi), Riptide (Alex Gonzalez), and Thomas (Tony Rich).
Which is to say, there are a fuckload of mutants in this thing. It makes sense, when you think about it, since part of the film's focus is on the formation of Xavier's mutant academy. But still, history has shown us that too many characters can fuck up a superhero movie faster than you can say "Ratnerfucking."
Don't disappoint me, Matthew Vaughn.
Are you following Pajiba on Facebook or Twitter? Because every time you do an angel does the Paul Rudd dance
Around the Web