Biz Break: Casting Your Wife In Your Directorial Debut Isn't Nepotism When She's Jennifer Connelly
- The newest adaptation of Macbeth has lost Natalie Portman. Dry your crying eyes, because stepping into the role of Lady Macbeth for Justin Kurzel’s film is Marion Cotillard. Meanwhile, Michael Fassbender is still rumored to be the front-runner for Macbeth himself. I don’t know. Does Macbeth swing his dick at all in that play?
- Paul Bettany is moving from acting to directing with Shelter, a film he also penned. That’s pretty much the gist of what is known about Bettany’s debut aside from two cast members: Jennifer Connelly, and Anthony Mackie. He’s already off to a good start.
- Ricky Gervais is going to make a movie starring his “The Office” persona David Brent. The clueless Brent will be navigating the music industry. Gervais is also interested in playing a Riddler-type villain in a superhero film.
- Rambo might become a television series. That could be alright, couldn’t it? An update of some kind on the…oh. Sylvester Stallone will likely be reprising his role as Rambo? Ugh.
- Since Saoirse Ronan allegedly turned down the role of Scarlet Witch in The Avengers: Age of Ultron, Marvel and Joss Whedon are allegedly looking at some other actresses. The alleged front-runner is Elizabeth Olsen. Allegedly.
- Fifty Shades of Grey is still a thing. The latest rumor is that Dakota Johnson (21 Jump Street, The Social Network) and Charlie Hunnam are the latest Anastasia Stupidsh*ttingName and Whatshisname Grey. Director Sam Taylor-Johnson is supposed to be filming in the next couple of months, so I would think we’ll have some final confirmations soon. Then the movie can come out and hopefully drop a deuce on itself and disappear.
Are you following Pajiba on Facebook or Twitter? Because every time you do an angel does the Paul Rudd dance
Around the Web