5 Things You Must Know and/or See Immediately Lest You Fall Into a Deep Pit of Despair
You're kidding me with this, right? We're really going to do this, on the 5th? Ugh. Welcome to the least productive day of the year, folks. Any hangovers out there? Of course not. You're still drunk. The hangover should hit around 11:30 a.m. EST.
Here are five immensely important things you must see and/or know this very second or you'll just die.
1. I'm sure you've all see a bald Matt Damon at some point over the last year, and wondered what movie role he'd shaved his head for. Turns out, it's for Neill Blomkamp's follow-up to District 9, Elysium. According to The Playlist, Elysium is "set in 2159, [where] Damon plays a man who takes on a daunting mission in a world where the very wealthy live on the pristine, man-made space station called Elysium, and fight to keep the citizens of Earth from illegally immigrating."
Cool. Here's the first look.
2. Sam Raimi's Oz: The Great and Powerful has unleashed its first movie poster. You may recall that the film is prequel to The Wizard of Oz that tracks how the Wizard ended up there. James Franco plays Oz, and he'll be surrounded by one of the more attractive female casts in recent memory: Rachel Weisz (Evanora), Mila Kunis (Theodora) and Michelle Williams (Glinda). That's very Pajiba-10y.
3. The other day, we showed you the first unofficial image of Naomi Watts as Princess Diana in Oliver Hirschbiegel's Caught in Flight, a film about Princess Diana's affair with Dr. Hasnat Kahn (Naveen Andrews, "Lost"). Here's your first official look, again via The Playlist.
4. The Amazing Spider-Man is already eying a trilogy, and why not? The $35 million opening on Tuesday was a record, and the film looks to make $140 million domestically before the weekend is out (I echo Dan's review: I wish the story wasn't so unoriginal because Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone were lightning, y'all). Anyway, according to the Spider-Man Facebook page (via The Playlist), a movie trilogy is in the works, and there's a possibility of even more, with the Sinister Six -- Vulture, Electro, Kraven the Hunter, Mysterio, and Sandman -- being introduced and set up for a massive The Avengers like showdown in the third movie. Or the sixth movie. Or the 107th movie. I just hope Emma Stone escapes before the franchise swallows her up.
5. Finally, here's the trailer for Jesse Eisenberg's Why Stop Now?, about a piano prodigy (Eisenberg) who decides to enter his mother (Melissa Leo) into rehab on the day of his big audition. However, the rehab won't accept her unless she's high, so they have to procure drugs from some dealers (Tracy Morgan) before she can get in.