11 Reasons Why You Should Be Excited For Duncan Jones' 'Mute'
1. It’s Duncan Jones.
2. It’s not Warcraft.
3. It’s the second part of a trilogy that began with the superlative Moon back in ‘09, and that will eventually close out with an as-of-yet-untitled female-led project.
4. Hints of the shared Moon universe have already been noticed:
5. It’s a neo-noir set in a near-future Berlin starring a mute bartender as its lead.
6. The mute bartender is played by Alexander Skarsgård.
7. It’s gonna look like this:
8. The basic plot outline is that Skarsgård’s girlfriend (Seyneb Saleh) vanishes without a trace into the dark underbelly of Future Berlin. Skarsgård decides that, well, that’s just not on, is it? And off he goes in pursuit, leading to repeat encounters with a pair of wise-cracking, odd American surgeons, played by Justin Theroux and Paul Rudd:
9. Sam Rockwell is in it.
10. Sam Rockwell is in it.
11. Sam fucking Rockwell is in it.
Mute will be released by Netflix. No release date has been given for it yet, but it will most likely be towards the tail end of 2017.