The Ten Top 10 Lists that Should Always Include Almost Famous
It's true. Almost Famous had a huge influence on a lot of writers, especially those who grew up idolizing Rolling Stone, Hunter S. Thompson, and P.J. O'Rourke, only to grow up and discover Pink on the cover of the magazine and the top story, "Dead Juggalo found in a River." Because Almost Famous has had such an enormous influence on writers, and because writers often are tasked with coming up with list, Almost Famous has a remarkable tendency to find its way upon those list. In fact, on occasion, lists are built around that very notion.
So, today I thought I'd turn that on its head. Instead of coming up with a Top 10 list in order to justify the inclusion of what is the favorite movie of all time for many (including myself), I'd simply create Ten Top 10 Lists, All of Which would include Almost Famous.
And who knows? Maybe someday, I'll fill in the rest of some of these lists.
14. Almost Famous
1. Almost Famous
8. Cameron Crowe, Almost Famous
4. "Tiny Dancer," Almost Famous
2. Almost Famous
2. "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone else when we're uncool.
32. "I Am a Golden God!"
68. "Can you believe these new girls? None of them use birth control and they eat all the steak!"
82. "Some people have a hard time explaining rock 'n' roll. I don't think anyone can really explain rock 'n' roll. Maybe Pete Townshend, but that's okay. Rock 'n' roll is a lifestyle and a way of thinking... and it's not about money and popularity. Although, some money would be nice. But it's a voice that says, "Here I am... and fuck you if you can't understand me." And one of these people is gonna save the world. And that means that rock 'n' roll can save the world... all of us together. And the chicks are great. But what it all comes down to is that thing. The indefinable thing when people catch something in your music" (#82).
6. Jimmy Fallon, Almost Famous
3. Stillwater, Almost Famous
2. Kate Hudson, Almost Famous