The Ten Most Preposterous Romantic-Comedy Professions
We've been preoccupied with end of the decade and end of the year lists for well over a month now, and quite frankly, I miss the frivolous, random lists. Let's up the random back in Seriously Random Lists, folks.
The idea for this one came after watching the heinous Leap Year over the weekend. In it, Amy Adams plays a stager, which is actually an almost pedestrian profession for a romantic comedy, where even the most conservative, studio-safe movies give their characters weird, quirky, or outright ridiculous professions (when the leads are not in publishing or advertising).
Here are the ten most preposterous:
10. Crossword Puzzler -- Sandra Bullock, All About Steve
9. Wedding Singer -- Adam Sandler, The Wedding Singer
8. Greeting Card Writer -- Joseph Gordon-Levitt, (500) Days of Summer
7. Movie Trailer Editor -- Cameron Diaz, The Holiday
6. eBay Seller -- Catherine Keener, The 40-Year-Old Virgin
5. Veterinarian Radio Talk Show Host -- Janeane Garofalo, The Truth About Cats and Dogs
4. Interventionist -- Sarah Jessica Parker, Failure to Launch
3. Collector of Hobbies -- Rachel Weisz, The Brothers Bloom
2. Hotel Art Saleswoman -- Jennifer Aniston, Management
1. Crime-Scene Clean Up Service -- Amy Adams, Sunshine Cleaning