The Ten Most Preposterous Romantic-Comedy Professions
The idea for this one came after watching the heinous Leap Year over the weekend. In it, Amy Adams plays a stager, which is actually an almost pedestrian profession for a romantic comedy, where even the most conservative, studio-safe movies give their characters weird, quirky, or outright ridiculous professions (when the leads are not in publishing or advertising).
Here are the ten most preposterous:
10. Crossword Puzzler -- Sandra Bullock, All About Steve
9. Wedding Singer -- Adam Sandler, The Wedding Singer
8. Greeting Card Writer -- Joseph Gordon-Levitt, (500) Days of Summer
7. Movie Trailer Editor -- Cameron Diaz, The Holiday
6. eBay Seller -- Catherine Keener, The 40-Year-Old Virgin
5. Veterinarian Radio Talk Show Host -- Janeane Garofalo, The Truth About Cats and Dogs
4. Interventionist -- Sarah Jessica Parker, Failure to Launch
3. Collector of Hobbies -- Rachel Weisz, The Brothers Bloom
2. Hotel Art Saleswoman -- Jennifer Aniston, Management
1. Crime-Scene Clean Up Service -- Amy Adams, Sunshine Cleaning
Get entertainment, celebrity and politics updates via Facebook or Twitter. Buy Pajiba merch at the Pajiba Store.