The Best Films Set in the Olympics
Anyway, to get you primed, here's a look at the five best Olympic films of all time. And you know what? There's really not that many to choose from; in fact, so as not to have to include a Billy Crudup movie, the number one is a bit of a cheat -- yes, it's about the Olympics, but not so much the competition.
5. Cool Runnings: Based on the true story of the First Jamacian bobsled team trying to make it to the Winter Olympics.
4. Cutting Edge: An Injured NHL prospect teams with a figure skater and undergo grueling, rigorous training to finalize a program for U.S. National championships -- and from there, the Olympics and a possible gold medal
3. Chariots of Fire: The true story of two British track athletes competing in the 1924 Summer Olympics. One is a devout Scottish missionary who runs for God, the other is a Jewish student at Cambridge who runs for fame and to escape prejudice.
2. Miracle: The true story of Herb Brooks, the player-turned-coach who led the 1980 U.S. Olympic hockey team to victory over the seemingly invincible Russian squad.
1. Munich: Based on the true story of the Black September aftermath (the kidnapping and murder of eleven Israeli athletes and officials, and the murder of a German policeman, during the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich), Munich is about the five men chosen to eliminate the ones responsible for that fateful day.
Get entertainment, celebrity and politics updates via Facebook or Twitter. Buy Pajiba merch at the Pajiba Store.