The 15 Greatest Scenery-Chewing ALL CAPS Lines in Cinema History
Last week, I had the pleasure to watch Bill Paxton in full on Chet Donnelly mode basically strutting through 2 Guns “chewing the dicks off the scenery.” I am an immense fan of a good scenery chew, especially when it’s a good actor who sees ALL CAPS in the screenplay and just gasket-blows through the line like a bat shot out of Meatloaf’s ass. If you’re going to go over the top, GO. OVER. THE. TOP. Deliver that line like you’re trying to yell out a molar anchored into the back of your throat. A great actor can not only take a huge munch out the scenery and win an Oscar for it, he or she can can create an iconic ALL CAPS line.
I like a good ALL CAPS line, y’all. Here’s my 15 favorites:
15. Jeff Bridges in Iron Man: TONY STARK WAS ABLE TO BUILD THIS IN A CAVE. WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS.
14. Peter Sellers in Dr. Strangelove: MEIN FUHRER I CAN WALK.
13. Eli Roth in Inglorious Basterds: TEDDY FUCKING WILLIAMS HITS IT OUT OF THE PARK
12. Cate Blanchett in Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring: ALL SHALL LOVE ME AND DESPAIR.
11. Willem Dafoe in Boondock Saints: THERE WAS A FIRE FIIIIIGHT.
10. Tom Hiddleston in Thor: TELL MEEEE.
9. Terence Stamp in Superman II: KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!
8. Marlon Brando in A Streetcar Named Desire: STELLAAAAAA
7. Darth Vadar in Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and Mark Hamill in Empire Strikes Back: NOOOOOOOO.
6. Daniel Day Lewis in There Will Be Blood: I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE. I DRINK IT UP.
5. William Shatner in Star Trek 2: KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN.
4. Charlton Heston in Planet of the Apes: GODDAMN YOU. GODDAMN YOU ALL TO HELL.
3. Mel Gibson in Braveheart: FREEEEDOOOOOMMMMMM.
2. Faye Dunaway in Mommie Dearest: NOOOO WIIIIIRE HAAAAANGERS
1. Nic Cage in Wicker Man: NOT THE BEES. NO. NOT THE BEES.
Around the Web
Like Our Facebook Page And an Angel Does the Paul Rudd Dance
blog comments powered by Disqus