Ten Fun Connections Between the Cast of 'Doctor Who' and 'Game of Thrones'
1. Sophia Myles*, who was the Girl in the Fireplace on Doctor Who, and who dated David Tennant for a spell, also used to date Charles Dance (Tywin Lannister), who is 31 years her senior.
2. Richard Madden, who played Rob Stark on Game of Thrones, used to date Jenna Louise Coleman, the current companion on Doctor Who.
3. Mark Gatiss, a writer and four-time guest on Doctor Who, will be playing Tycho Nestoris in the fourth season of Game of Thrones.
4. Thomas Brodie-Sangster, who was the kid in Love Actually and also the voice of Ferb in Phineas and Ferb, played Tim Latimer in two episodes of Doctor Who, and plays Jojen Reed in Game of Thrones.
5. Iain Glenn played Octavio in Doctor Who and plays Jorah Mormont in Game of Thrones.
6. Joe Dempsie (of Skins fame) played Cline in Doctor Who and plays Gendry in Game of Thrones.
7. Diana Rigg played Mrs. Gillyflower in Doctor Who, and plays Olenna Tyrell in Game of Thrones.
8. Harry Lloyd played Baines in Doctor Who and Viserys Targaryen in Game of Thrones.
9. Liam Cunningham played Captain Zhukov in Doctor Who and plays Davos Seaworth in Game of Thrones.
10. David Bradley, late of Broadchurch, was Solomon in Doctor Who, and Walder Frey in Game of Thrones.
* Yes, this random post was an excuse to post that header photo of Sophia Myles. Don’t judge.
Pajiba Love Express
Rachel McAdams and Taylor Kitsch are still a thing. (Lainey)
This isn't exactly surprising, but Sir Mix-a-Lot doesn't have a problem with Blake Lively's "Oakland booty." (Celebitchy)
Helen Mirren was a lacy, twirly dream at Cannes. (Go Fug Yourself))
Great news, everyone! Kanye is going to end bullying. With shoes. (DListed)
Johnny Depp's haircut isn't doing him any favors. (LG)
Here's exactly how to raise the stakes on The Walking Dead. (Uproxx)