843e60c681a.jpeg

Six Once Beloved TV Series the World Has Apparently Quit On

By Dustin Rowles | Seriously Random Lists | April 28, 2015 |


843e60c681a.jpeg

New GirlNew Girl fetched over 10 million viewers in its premiere, and still managed 4-5 million viewers during its strongest season (season 2). However, it’s fallen on hard times, as overnight ratings have plummeted to a little more than 2 million viewers, and it’s only been renewed by virtue of being on Fox, which has nothing else to replace it with at the moment. It’s quality dropped off precipitously when Nick and Jess got together, and while it’s bounced back creatively, its audience has not.

OrphanBlack_S1.jpg

Orphan BlackOrphan Black, the once beloved, much talked-about Tatiana Maslany series, returned two Saturdays ago and despite upending the storylines, the season three premiere drew only 535,000 overnight viewers in the 18-49 demo. The second episode performed even worse, with only 420,000 viewers, the worst ratings since the opening season. If you gave it a shot and quit, I can’t say I blame you. I’ve watched the first two episodes of the season and honestly, I have no idea what the f*ck is going on anymore. Worse, I don’t really care.

product-1184x665-YOS-0107a.jpg

Community — I wrote at length last week about why the Internet seems to have abandoned its favorite show, but it may come down to a different and very simple reason: Yahoo doesn’t let us schedule it on your DVR, and we’re a very forgetful society. If it doesn’t show up on our DVR or Netflix queue, we’re not likely to remember it. I will say, however, that it’s as good this season as it was in its better seasons, at least once it found its stride in its new home. Gillian Jacobs and Jim Rash are killing it, and Paget Brewster has been a very nice addition.

ii.jpg

Fresh Off the Boat — The premiere of Fresh off the Boat was seen by 10 million viewers, while the first season finale — just 12 weeks later — had fallen to 5 million viewers, according to overnight figures. I don’t really blame viewers for skipping out, though. It’s a cute show, no doubt, but for all its promise, it never managed to be more than cute.

lastmanwillforte.jpg

Last Man on Earth — Going into the season finale, Last Man on Earth has lost about 40 percent of its audience since it debuted, and I have no idea why the other 60 percent are still watching. It was an incredibly promising show with a lot of talent behind it, and it’s all gone to waste for reasons explained here.

americans_jennings.jpg

The AmericansThe Americans was never a huge ratings getter. It premiered three seasons ago with 3.2 million viewers and quickly fell into the 1.5 to 1.8 million viewer range. Now? It now receives less than 1 million viewers per episode as often it it receives slightly more than 1 million viewers. It’s been picked up for a fourth season, and thank God, since the season three finale spent more time setting up the next season than it did resolve the existing season. It is still a phenomenal show, however, and despite the fact that its ratings continue to erode, I still hold out hope that the Internet will eventually catch on and binge-watch it back to ratings glory.


Get entertainment, celebrity and politics updates via Facebook or Twitter. Buy Pajiba merch at the Pajiba Store.

RDJ Talks About His 'Weirdo' Interview With That 'Syphilitic Parasite' | Alice Eve Thinks Bruce Jenner Is 'Playing at Being a Woman'




Continue Reading After the Advertisement

Bigots, Trolls & MRAs Are Not Welcome in the Comments




Advertisement




The Pajiba Store


petr-store-pajiba.png






Privacy Policy
advertise