Ranking the Hair of SXSW
Well, South By Southwest officially comes to a close this weekend. The Pajiba folks all came home earlier this week (safe and sound), and things are returning to normal. The film reviews are coming in, for better and for worse (and for meh). But we have yet to discuss one of the most important elements of the festival: the hair.
SXSW is a place where beards can roam free, where everyone you meet may be mistaken for Seth Rogen. But this year, the hair burst out of the streets and onto the screen. (Pretend that makes sense, k?) Here is the ranking of SXSW hair, both facial and regular-kind.
8. Kathryn Hahn’s obliviously disheveled topbun in Bad Words
7. Bill Murray’s beaut of a ‘stache in Grand Budapest Hotel
6. Mac’s indestructible helmet
5. Vinnie Van Lowe’s indestructible helmet
4. Frank’s perfectly coiffed do
3. Harmontown’s Spencer
2. The Immortalists’ hard-drinking scientist, Aubrey de Grey
Not pictured: a stunning array of scrunchies.
1. The entire eternally-bedraggled cast of Only Lovers Left Alive.
Pajiba Love Express
Here's some Daveed Diggs for you. On Daveed Diggs' digs, actually. That man does things with clothes that should not make sense, but are absolutely perfect. (Go Fug Yourself)
Woody Allen has "so moved on" from his daughter's accusations and says he never even thinks about it. He equates her words about him to a bad review he won't read and comments on how wacky it is that Mia Farrow is his mother-in-law. He is the worst. (Celebitchy)
Not The Worst but still very gross: Leonardo DiCaprio and his
Here are 5 under-the-radar shows. I had never even heard of the first two. (Uproxx)