Dance into the Fire: All the Bond News (and Pics and Video) Fit to Print...er...
Throw up Post on the Interwebs
Fact 1: Mondays are hard.
Fact 2: Drinking coffee while staring at Daniel Craig makes them bearable.
1. The Big News:
Daniel Craig has signed on to star in (at least) two more Bond films with Sony Pictures, giving him a total of five in the franchise--two behind Sean Connery.
2. New Images: Wake up your eyeballs...and other assorted body parts!
3. October 5, 2012 is the Fiftieth Anniversary of the Bond Film Series:
In conjunction with the celebration and "Global James Bond Day," October 5th will see the release of Everything or Nothing: The Untold Story of 007. Directed by Stevan Riley (Blue Blood, Fire in Babylon), the documentary focusses on producers Albert R. Broccoli, Harry Saltzman, and author Ian Fleming who "shared a dream," and will give audiences a firsthand look at the inside story of the Bond films.
Additionally, a "Music of Bond" night will take place in Los Angeles, hosted by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, and New York's Museum of Modern Art will celebrate with a Bond film retrospective, October 5-31.
September 28th through October 5th, Christie's is conducting an online auction of Bond memorabilia, including:
- The Aston Martin driven in "Quantum Of Solace," which is expected to fetch up to $225,000.
- The deck of Tarot cards used by Jane Seymour in 1973's "Live and Let and Let Die."
- A belt with a golden bullet buckle worn by Christopher Lee's villainous Scaramanga in 1974's "The Man With the Golden Gun."
- Pierce Brosnan's two-piece charcoal Brioni suit from 1999's "The World Is Not Enough," that comes with a double sided poster signed by the actor.
- Craig's blue La Perla swimsuit, valued at roughly $8,000.
And beginning September 24th (UK) and September 25th (US), you kazillionaires can cozy up to all the Bonds on Blu-ray:
There are 24 discs, one for each film and an extra with featurettes on the Bond actors and Skyfall videoblogs.
4. A Royal Premiere:
If you were planning on attending the Skyfall world premiere, you may want to brush up on your royal etiquette: "Skyfall producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli have announced that His Royal Highness Prince Charles and The Duchess of Cornwall have graciously agreed to attend the World Premiere of the twenty third 007 adventure on Tuesday 23rd October at The Royal Albert Hall. Fittingly and at the request of His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales the premiere will benefit the charities that support former and serving members of the three intelligence agencies (the Secret Intelligence Service, the Security Service and GCHQ). His Royal Highness is Royal Patron of the Intelligence Services. The premiere will be attended by the film's leading actors Daniel Craig, Judi Dench, Javier Bardem, Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris, Bérénice Marlohe, Albert Finney and Ben Whishaw, and the director Sam Mendes."
5. New Skyfall Featurette: Sam Mendes and his actors discuss the opening sequence (filmed in Turkey):
The film hits U.S. theaters November 9, 2012.
Cindy Davis is stirred (not shaken).
Around the Web
Like Our Facebook Page And an Angel Does the Paul Rudd Dance
blog comments powered by Disqus