16 Facts About The Cast Of 'Scandal' That Might Have Them Scrambling For Damage Control
See more Celebrity Facts.
1. The lovely Darby Stanchfield who plays Abby (and whose hair has gone to 11 this season) was possibly best known for playing Betty Draper’s mildly judgmental neighbor and mother of creepy Glen. She once dared to insinuate that Betty shouldn’t give locks of her hair to that creep little creep and for her trouble got slapped, for all the world to see, in the produce aisle.
2. Most folks already know this, but Tony Goldwyn is one of the Goldwyns. As in Metro Goldwyn Mayer. His grandfather was Samuel Goldwyn. If you look closely, you can see the family resemblance. It’s in the hair.
3. Colombus Short, a well-known choreographer, dropped out of high school to join the Broadway tour of Stomp. You know, the dance show with the cans and the brooms. (That’s not him in this picture.)
4. Guillermo Diaz aka Huck looks amazing in a crop top. Here he is in drag in the 1995 film Stonewall.
5. The First Lady herself, Bellamy Young, once played a lawyer on a Season 8 (aka Mulder-less Season) episode of The X-Files.
The episode, entitled “Redrum,” also featured Mr. Pope, Joe Morton.
6. Baby Kerry Washington was pretty much the cutest thing on the planet.
7. Most people know that Josh Malina owes much of his success to Aaron Sorkin, having gotten his biggest TV breakthroughs in Sports Night and The West Wing. But Malina’s very first role was also for Sorkin in the stage production of A Few Good Men. Sorkin went to school with Malina’s cousins and not only gave him a role in the play, but also a bit part in the film adaptation. That’s him looking quite sharp and “sir, yes, sir”-ing Jack Nicholson.
8. Malina is related by marriage to another Sorkin Regular, Tim Busfield. Or, was, Busfield has since divorced his wife, Malina’s sister-in-law.
9. Speaking of strange bedfellows, the president’s chief of staff, Jeff Perry was married to actress Laurie Metcalf of Roseanne fame. Thye have a daughter together.
10. Metcalf and Perry are both founding members of the famous Chicago Steppenworlf Theater. That’s Perry in front and co-founders John Malkovich, Gary Sinise and Laurie Metcalf in the back on the left. Jeff Perryis still quite active in the theater and originated the Ewan McGregor role in the stage production of August Osage County.
11. Though he did look amazing in that crop top, Guillermo Diaz is, of course, far more famous from his role in Half Baked.
He paid homage to that role many years later in the Britney Spears video “I Wanna Go.”
12. Speaking of Britney Spears, Colombus Short used his skills as a choreographer in her Onyx Hotel Tour, meaning he is responsible for this amazing boob grab/jazz hands hybrid gesture.
13. But best of all, Colombus Short did time on That’s So Raven as part of a fictional boy band called Boyz N Motion. His co-fictional-boy-bander? Ryan Hansen aka Dick Casablancas.
14. Tony Goldwyn has a number of well-known credits to his name (Ghost, the voice of Tarzan), but my favorite has to be his guest role on Designing Women as Kendall Dobbs, a young man with AIDS who asks for help designing his funeral. Kendall Dobbs is only the second major character with AIDS to have appeared on television (the first being Aidan Quinn’s character in An Early Frost)and his appearance was not only historically significant, but prompted on the best Julia Sugarbaker rants of all time.
15. The lovely Kerry Washington (along with TJ Miller) was a co-host of the 1996 PBS sketch comedy-style educational series Standard Deviants. Here she is teaching Spanish at the 50 second mark.
16. Finally, I’ve saved the best for last. That would be Scott Foley. No, not in Dawson’s Creek. Not in Felicity. Not married to Jennifer Garner. No this is Scott Foley on Sweet Valley High in the most amazing flowy hippie pants you ever did see.
You have to see them in motion to get the full insufferable early 90s tree hugger effect. He starts flowin’ at around the 1:50 mark. Enjoy. Never forget what you’ve seen here today.
Are you following Pajiba on Facebook or Twitter? Because every time you do an angel does the Paul Rudd dance
Around the Web