The 10 Best Music Videos of the 80s
Anyway: Putting together this list was a lot more fun than I'd anticipated. The production values weren't nearly what they are today, when it isn't unusual for an artist to drop $1 million on a video no one will ever see. But some of those 80s videos were glorious; teenagers during that time would often sit for hours waiting for their favorite video to air. And now: You can just go to YouTube to see it.
Crazy goddamn world. At any rate, here's the 10 Best Videos of the 80s (my version, anyway). I realize that Michael Jackson's "Thriller" has no business not being on this list, but I never really liked it that much. Plus, it took half an hour out of your day whenever they decided to air it.
10. "Safety Dance," Men Without Hats
9. "Ana Ng," by The Might Be Giants
8. "Relax," by Frankie Goes to Hollywood
7. "Bastards of Young," The Replacements
6. "Once in a Lifetime," by the Talking Heads
5."Dear God," by XTC
4. "Money for Nothing," Dire Straits
3. "Sledgehammer," by Peter Gabriel
2. "Night of the Living Baseheads," Public Enemy
1. "Land of Confusion," by Genesis
Get entertainment, celebrity and politics updates via Facebook or Twitter. Buy Pajiba merch at the Pajiba Store.