The Job You Want, The Job You Dread
It feels like cheating, but I'm going to continue with last week's Pivot Questionnaire themed diversion. Here's where we stand -
- What is your favourite word? ☑
- What is your least favourite word? ☑
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Still not touching this.
- What turns you off? Contaminated by association with #3.
- What is your favourite curse word? ☑
- What sound or noise do you love?. ☑
- What sound or noise do you hate ? ☑
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt Bingo!
- What profession would you not like to do? Bongo!
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? ☑
What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
Calling what I do for a living a "profession" seems inappropriately self-aggrandizing, but let us not be distracted by irrelevancies. Since "heiress" is not looking promising, I guess I'd like to try being a baker. Creaming butter and sugar for a living is pretty tempting. I considered it quite a bit when I moved to the U.S. and was at a loose end, but practicalities intervened. By the way, when I told the Dowager Julien I was thinking about being a baker, her first response was, "You would have to get up very early, dear." Unwavering belief in my ascendant laziness from a woman so WASP she once sent me Easter chocolate in the sleeve from a bottle of Scotch. Thanks, Mum!
At this opportune juncture, I should like to extend my personal thanks and best hugs (I'm very squishy and sincere) to Pajiba, the Cannonball Read, and Dustin Rowles for the
maundering typing typaundering I get to do here every day. It creates the illusion of being a writer-type person and is the light in my begreyed cubicle existence, especially since I really am too lazy to be a writer.
[steps down of soapbox, but carefully, I don't like getting down off things]
What profession would you not like to do?
Politician. It's not just the selling of oneself, although that certainly helps, it's that I hate discussing politics or big issues. I even avoid fraught conversations here on Pajiba. I have deeply held beliefs. You have deeply held beliefs. It is extraordinarily unlikely either of us is going to change our opinions as a result of debate. Even The Daily Show is too much for me sometimes. It makes me despairing and sad.
Your turn. Chime in. Delurk. DELURK, DAMN YOU!
Comment diversion suggestions, incantations, and stain removal tipscan be sent here.
Leave a Comment, But Don't Be a Douche Or We Will Happily Ban You
blog comments powered by Disqus