Creative Silliness and Really Short Stories
I said that yesterday. It made sense in context, but I am quite certain no one has ever uttered that specific combination of words before. This week’s diversion comes from the Pajiba wayback machine and everyone’s favourite Overlord, Dustin Rowles: Please write a sentence no one has ever written before, such as
- The listless bubbles exacerbated her depression.
- I changed someone’s opinion on the Internet today.
I artichoked a ukelele hamster! - (The Penguins of Madagascar)
Think you’re fancy? If this suggestion is a trifle, a bauble, a mere bag of shells intellectually speaking, then Quartermain and Ernest Hemingway have a suggestion for you along the lines of “For sale: baby shoes, never worn.” Please write an original sentence that can double as an extremely short story:
- He paused, but his shadow continued limping along the wall.
- She always had been so easily managed that he did not know what to make of the knife’s sudden appearance.
- Lunging at the third man, the hitherto superfluous kangaroo entered the fray.
Pajiba Love Express
Here's some Daveed Diggs for you. On Daveed Diggs' digs, actually. That man does things with clothes that should not make sense, but are absolutely perfect. (Go Fug Yourself)
Woody Allen has "so moved on" from his daughter's accusations and says he never even thinks about it. He equates her words about him to a bad review he won't read and comments on how wacky it is that Mia Farrow is his mother-in-law. He is the worst. (Celebitchy)
Not The Worst but still very gross: Leonardo DiCaprio and his
Here are 5 under-the-radar shows. I had never even heard of the first two. (Uproxx)