The 11 Best Answers Karen Gillan Gave During Her Reddit AMA
Karen Gillan, late of Doctor Who fame, more recently of NTSF:SD:SUV, currently in the upcoming horror flick Oculus, and soon to be in Guardians of the Galaxy, sat in for a Q&A session on Reddit this week. Here were here best answer:
1. My girlfriend wants to know “How did you get to do Doctor Who?”
I got to do Doctor Who because my agent got me an audition and I had to do a chemistry read with Matt Smith, and we just clicked.
2. What was your most memorable experience while working on Doctor Who? How did it feel when you got the part of Nebula in Guardians?
Working with two of my best friends; Matt Smith and Arthur Darvill, and being immersed in real cabbage. My initial feeling about being Nebula is that I would be bald.
3. If you were ever at a comicon (not as a guest but as a attendant) what series would you be “nerding out” the most over?
If the X-Files were at comicon now, I would freak out. Gillian Anderson is the greatest redhead there ever was. I want to believe.
4. Are you a cat or a dog person?
I used to have a friend called Brian. He was a tortoise.
5. If you could be any alien from the Doctor Who series, which would you be?
I would be a silurian.
6. what do americans sound like to you? who do you imitate when you speak “american”?
In the UK, we are heavily influenced by American entertainment, so I grew up familiar with the accent. I even played Barbies in an American accent.
7. Have you ever been in a hot air balloon?
No, but if I ever get married, that’s how I would like to arrive at the altar.
8. I loved watching Doctor Who and seeing what color your nails were going to be each episode. Are they real and do you paint them yourself??
They are real, and I painted them myself every day to save time for the make-up artist.
9. What is the best dinosaur?
Pterodactyl. They get to fly and be a dinosaur.
And the pedantic response from a Redditor: “Pterodactyls are a pterosaur, not a dinosaur.”
Talk to Spielberg.
10. Karen, my son thinks you’re pretty. He’s almost four, so back off.
That’s so adorable. I bet he says that to all the girls. Tell him I said hi. What’s his name?
His name is Parker. And I’ll totally tell him. (:
11. I am a huge fan but just have one question. What is your honest opinions on bow ties?
Secretly cool, but don’t tell anyone I said that.
Pajiba Love Express
Rachel McAdams and Taylor Kitsch are still a thing. (Lainey)
This isn't exactly surprising, but Sir Mix-a-Lot doesn't have a problem with Blake Lively's "Oakland booty." (Celebitchy)
Helen Mirren was a lacy, twirly dream at Cannes. (Go Fug Yourself))
Great news, everyone! Kanye is going to end bullying. With shoes. (DListed)
Johnny Depp's haircut isn't doing him any favors. (LG)
Here's exactly how to raise the stakes on The Walking Dead. (Uproxx)